Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I'm Drowning in Information

Too much, too fast would be an accurate description of how I feel. I really like the organization, I just wish I were more productive.

I got to sit in a meeting with an annuity wholesaler. I don't know if you know, but financial planners have people who sell investments to them, too. Wholesalers visit planners and solicit their business. For example, if USAllianz wanted to increase sales, they would send a rep around to different financial planning firms to promote a particular suite of products. The wholesaler answers questions about the product's features, and helps create benefits to sell to the end client. The wholesaler tend to bring trinkets or food with them on their visits to develop goodwill, but most financial planning firms have a limit on the dollar value of gifts they will accept. Everyone wants to avoid even a hint of bribery.

On a completely different note, I wrote down some wishes earlier, but I forgot them at work. You'll just have to wait.

No comments: